June 6, 2018
How To Get Re-posted On Our Instagram
Have you ever wondered how we choose the photos for our Hair We Love blog posts and the photos we repost on our Instagram? There’s a certain kind of photo that we like to repost that matches our brand. If you aren’t sure what we’re looking for, don’t worry! We have compiled a list of tips and tricks to help you Instagram the right way:
Tips for photographing hair:
- Choose a clean background. Preferably solid and against a wall.
- Natural, shaded lighting works best. Selfie lights also do wonders.
- Do not use zoom.
- Use your client’s personality. Don’t be afraid to give your client direction.
- Edit your photo to enhance it’s quality. Favorites are FaceTune, AfterLight, and VSCO. Don’t over edit your photos. Enhance them, but don’t make it obvious. Don’t use the “mirroring” tool.
- Show consistency in your photos. Create a nice-looking Instagram “grid” by using a similar editing technique in every photo.
- Take advantage of Instagram’s multiple photo uploader for Before and After photos. After photo should be first and the before photo should be second. They should be consistent.
- #ehp(color name) not level. ex: #ehpcremesoda, #ehpgingertea, #ehpchampagne, #ehprocksalt
- #(your salon name)
- #(the city you’re in)
Lastly and most importantly, don’t forget to tag @easihairpro in your photos! Othewise, we won’t be able to see them.
What’s your Instagram handle? Let us know in the comments below!