January 17, 2018
How To Take a Before and After
This month’s promotion is a huge learning tool for all stylists. Taking a proper before and after can make the world of difference for your stylists and your clients! Having physical evidence of your hard work will make your results that much better. The easihair pro team has put together instructions on how to take a proper before and after. Check out the video below:
How To Take a Before and After:
- All pictures should be taken against an uncluttered solid white – or light colored background.
- Use proper lighting and flash when needed.
- If you are using a smartphone in a well-lit area, use THE HDR setting.
- Capture Front, Back & Profile angles.
- Ensure the model is not wearing a smock or cape, but wearing the same outfit in before and after sessions.
- Allow enough negative space for photo cropping, collage pics, and social media outlets, etc. You want even side by sides.
- When creating a collage, start with before photos on the left and work right.
- Before pictures: Show off everything you will be changing ex: layers, unevenness, tapered ends.
- After pictures: Show off everything you have just enhanced, ex: Volume, Thickness, length, new style.
Make sure to keep tagging @easihairpro and #easihairpro in your photos for a chance to be featured! We love seeing them.