Spice Up Your Ponytail
We love ponytails! And yes, you CAN wear them with tape in or clip in extensions. Some people think that ponytails are boring but there are many ways that you can spice them up. If you’re chasing a thicker and longer ponytail, like Ariana Grande, we have some tips for you below:
Sleek High Ponytail with Tape in Extensions
- Begin by combing back all of your hair into a small ponytail at the crown of your head.
- Use hairspray and a brush to secure any flyaways.
- Adjust hair to cover any panels.
- If you are using clip in extensions begin by clipping them around the ponytail as close to the elastic as possible.
- Bonus: Take a piece of hair from the bottom section of the ponytail and wrap around the elastic to cover. This will also cover the clip in extensions.
- For this style, we recommend starting with messy, but manageable hair.
- If you’re using clip in extensions place clips as normal, then flip your hair upside down and place your clips going upwards. This will be more comfortable for a ponytail.
- Pull hair back into a ponytail without using a brush.
- Take out random pieces of hair and baby hair to frame your face.
- Tug at the elastic to loosen up your ponytail.
- Use dry shampoo or any texture spray to spray your ends and scrunch.
- Since this is a low ponytail, you can clip in your extensions as normal. If you’re using tape in extensions skip this step.
- Part your hair using your natural part or in the middle.
- Comb your hair back into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- For a more romantic look, your can curl the ponytail into soft curls and wrap a piece of hair around the elastic.
Will you try any of these looks? Let us know in the comments below!